If your iPhone 15 Pro isn’t charging on a wireless charger, here are some potential solutions to try.
- If your iPhone 15 Pro is not charging on a wireless charger, first make sure that your wireless device is plugged into a power outlet.
- Also make sure your device has a clean connection with the wireless charging mat.
- If your iPhone 15 Pro is in a case, remove the case and then test again.
- Ensure that your wireless charger is not damaged or defective. Try your iPhone on another charger and/or try another phone on your charger to test
Wireless charging is not really cordless but still offers a convenient way to charge your iPhone without plugging it in. iPhone 15 models have wireless charging capabilities that work with Qi-certified chargers. You can also use a MagSafe charger with an iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, or iPhone 15 Pro Max. Some users have reported their iPhone 15 Pro won’t charge wirelessly with a Qi-certified charging accessory. In this article, I explain how you can fix the problem when wireless charging is not working on your iPhone 15 Pro. There are three common complaints with this problem:
- Sometimes, your iPhone 15 Pro may not charge wirelessly at all.
- Sometimes charging occurs, but very slowly.
- Sometimes charging starts (you see the lighting icon on your iPhone), but then stops after some time, usually seconds.
Possible reasons for your iPhone 15 Pro not charging on a wireless charger
There are several reasons why your iPhone 15 Pro may not be charging on a wireless charger. It could be a misalignment, a glitch with the phone, or an issue with your charging pad. Despite the charging trouble, there are a few things you can do to get your wireless charger working with your iPhone 15 Pro.
How to fix your iPhone 15 Pro not charging on a wireless charger
1. Make sure the charger is plugged in
Your iPhone 15 Pro may not be charging because your wireless charger is not connected to a power source. Ensure that your wireless device is plugged into a power outlet.
2. Reposition your phone on the charger
For wireless technology to work, your device needs to make a clean connection with the wireless charging device. Pick up your iPhone, reposition your phone and put it on the center of the charging mat.
3. Adjust your iPhone settings
Like the issue above, if your iPhone vibrates while on the charging pad, this may cause it to shift its position on the pad. For example, if you get a message, your phone may vibrate. If you experience this, you may want to adjust your settings by going to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, or you can use Focus (Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb) to silence alerts.
4. Remove your case
Some protective cases may cause your iPhone 14 Pro to charge slowly or not charge at all. This is true if your case is a battery case, made out of metal or is thick. Remove the case and then test again.
This is, of course, not an ideal solution; you won’t want to remove your case every time you want to charge your iPhone wirelessly, but this could at least let you know what is possible with your current charger.
5. Ensure that your iPhone is up to date
If you’re not running the latest version of iOS, it could be the reason why your iPhone 15 Pro is not charging on a wireless charger. Go to Settings > **General **> Software Update.
6. Make sure nothing is connected to the USB-C port
If your iPhone is connected to a power source via a USB-C port or a USB-C adapter, wireless charging won’t work. Instead, your iPhone will use the wired connection to charge.
7. Ensure that your wireless charger is not damaged or defective
Try your iPhone 15 Pro on another charger and/or try another phone on your wireless charger to test.
If your iPhone 15 Pro charges with one wireless charger, but not another, you know it’s the wireless charger. If your wireless charger charges other phones but not your own, you know it’s your phone. When your phone starts to charge again, whatever the last thing you changed was the problem — so you know what fixed your phone.
8. Force restart your iPhone
If you have done all the basic troubleshooting steps above and your iPhone 15 Pro is not charging on a wireless charger, you may want to force restart your iPhone. Here is how:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Upbutton.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Downbutton.
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. If you see the Power Off slider, ignore it. When you see the Apple logo, release the Side button.
Bonus Tips to try if your iPhone 15 Pro is still not charging wirelessly
If you are still having trouble charging your iPhone 15 Pro wirelessly, there are a few things you can try.
- Try using a different orientation for your iPhone:
- Try upside down
- Try landscape orientation on the left or the right side.
If none of the previous suggestions have worked, then you most likely have an internal hardware problem. That means going to an Apple Store to get the iPhone looked at. They can crack it open, diagnose the issue, and if necessary, offer a replacement.
Options to improve charging
Although some of the wireless (non-MagSafe) chargers I tested worked well with the iPhone 15 Pro, the best bet for charging your iPhone 15 Pro wirelessly is a MagSafe charger. There are many good options from both Apple and third-party sellers. The design of these chargers is a small puck that attaches to your iPhone. The smaller size means that the camera bump shouldn’t be an issue, and you won’t have to fiddle with your iPhone’s placement on the charger — it will just snap into place.
- If you purchase a MagSafe charging puck, you can use a non-MagSafe case on your iPhone, but your iPhone won’t "stick" to the MagSafe charger and so it may lose its charging connection if it gets bumped. The non-MagSafe cases I tested worked okay for charging when the phone was correctly placed on the puck.
- Certainly for the kind of chargers that hold your iPhone up using MagSafe, you will need a MagSafe case so that your iPhone doesn’t slide off of the charger.