Is sound not working on your iPhone 14 Pro? Have your iPhone 14 Pro speakers stopped working? If there is no sound from your iPhone 14 Pro, here’s what to do.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Has your iPhone 14 Pro gone silent? Is there no sound coming from the inbuilt speakers? Here are the solutions:
1. Test Your iPhone’s Speaker and Your Audio Devices
When sound is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro, the first thing you should do is to check whether it’s a software or hardware problem. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll to the RINGTONE AND ALERT VOLUMEsection.
- Drag the volume slider to the right. This will increase the speaker volume.
If you hear sound, your iPhone’s speakers are functional. If you can’t hear any audio, it’s likely a hardware issue that needs repairing.
2. No Sound on iphone 14 Pro? Check the Sound Settings
Before you spend all day resolving a non-existent issue, check your iPhone’s sound settings. First, try adjusting your volume buttons. You may think that there’s no sound on your iPhone 14 Pro because you accidentally turned the volume too low. To correct this, simply press and hold the Volume Up button to increase the volume, or use the volume slider in the Control Center to adjust it.
In addition, I recommend turning up the volume when making a phone call. Keep in mind that you’ll have to adjust the volume during the phone call because these settings are independent of the other volume settings on your iPhone.
If you already have your device’s volume turned up, but still find that your iPhone 14 Pro sound is not working–for example, incoming texts have no alert sounds–here’s how to check your other sound settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Under SOUNDS AND HAPTIC PATTERNS, Tap into each tone setting to check that there’s an alert tone selected. For example, tap Text Tone.
- Make sure that None is not selected for anything.
3. Clean Your iPhone’s Speakers
If your iPhone 14 Pro has no sound, there may simply be dust and dirt affecting speaker function. Take a moment to think about how much dirt and dust particles your iPhone collects every day. If you haven’t cleaned your iPhone in awhile, it’s probably overdue.
Try removing the case and cleaning out the speakers. Make sure to clean each speaker carefully. An anti-static brush or a brand new toothbrush is the best tool to get the job done. And remember to be gentle!
4. Turn Off Silent Mode and Focus
Silent Mode and Focus mode mutes all the alerts on your iPhone. Therefore, a simple reason why there’s no sound on your iPhone 14 Pro could be that these features are still turned on.
Here’s how to turn off Silent Mode:
- Locate the Ring/Silent switch. You can find it on the upper-left side of your device, just above the Volume buttons. When Silent Mode is on, you’ll see an orange band next to the switch.
- To turn it off, push the switch towards the face of your device. You’ll get a Silent Mode Off notification on your screen.
Here’s how to turn off Do Not Disturb or Focus:
- Swipe down from the top right side of the screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Tap Do Not Disturb: On (moon icon) to turn it off. Or tap any other Focus mode that is currently enabled to disable it.
5. Disconnect external devices
If you can’t hear any sound, it’s possible your device is producing sound but sending the audio to another source, like Bluetooth headphones or another device. Check your iPhone and make sure your phone is not paired with a nearby set of AirPods or other bluetooth device. If they are disconnect them and you should hear sound playing through the iPhone’s internal speakers.
You can disconnect the devices easily by turning off your iPhone’s Bluetooth:
- Swipe down from the top right of your iPhone’s screen to bring up the Control Center.
- The Bluetooth button is blue when switched on. Tap to turn it off.
Also, check that your AirPlay isn’t connected to an external speaker. In the Control Center:
- Tap the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner.
- Check that iPhone is selected.
6. Check Third-Party App Sound Settings
If there’s no sound on your iPhone when you’re using a specific app, you should check the sound settings within the app itself. Some apps have dedicated volume sliders. Check to make sure it isn’t all the way to the left. For messaging apps like WhatsApp, check that you chose a notification sound and that None is not selected. For games, make sure that you didn’t mute the audio or turn off some of the music settings.
You’ll need to root around in the relevant in-app settings to find these options as they move around for every app.
7. Restart your iPhone
The next thing you’ll want to do if the sound stops working on the iPhone 14 Pro Max is to restart your device. A quick power cycle can often fix nagging problems like this.
- Press and hold either Volume button and the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until the **Power off **slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
8. Check the lightening port for debris
There may be something blocking the lightening port, a bit of fluff or dust. If the lightening port is blocked the iPhone may be acting as if headphones are plugged in. Try blowing into the lightening port to see if you can dislodge whatever it is. Then plug in and remove some headphones to see if that fixes the problem.
9. Update your software
Check you are running the latest version of iOS available for your iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download & Install.
10. Check for app updates
In rare cases, the lack of sound on iPhone 14 Pro may be as a result of an app developer error. Developers frequently push updates to fix bugs and glitches, so you can solve the issue of no sound on your iPhone 14 Pro by simply updating your apps.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on your profile at the top right of your screen
- Under Available Updates section, tap Update All.
11. Reset All Settings
If your iPhone 14 Pro Max sound still isn’t working, i recommend resetting all the settings on your phone. This will reset everything in the iPhone Settings app back to factory defaults.
You’ll have to set up your wallpaper again, reenter your Wi-Fi passwords, reconnect your Bluetooth devices, and more. It’s a small price to pay to get your iPhone’s sound working again.
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Transfer Or Reset iPhone.
- Choose Reset.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
12. Repair your iPhone
If, after trying all these troubleshooting steps, you’re still having problems with the audio, you should take your iPhone 14 Pro to the Apple Store for service.
Fix No Sound on Your iPhone 14 Pro Easily
It’s common for an iPhone to have a hiccup here and there. By following all these fixes, you should be able to quickly resolve the problem of your iPhone 14 Pro sound not working. However, if the problem persists, you should contact Apple support or an Authorized Service Provider for a technician to examine your iPhone and possibly carry out a repair.