Knowing how to do a reverse image search is super useful. Whether you’ve stumbled across an image online, or you’ve taken a photo of something yourself, reverse image search can help you find out what an image is showing, or where it has come from. In this article, we’ll show you how to do google reverse image search on iPhone.
The most famous image search comes from Google. Google Lens offers a lot of cool features, including the ability to identify photos. For example, you can take a photo of a flower or an animal and use Google Lens to help identify it.
How to Google reverse image search on iPhone
When you perform a reverse image search, results may include search results for objects included in the images, similar images, and websites with the exact image or a similar image.
You can reverse image search on iPhone using a photo from the internet or your camera roll. Here’s how to do it.
Reverse image search from Photos with Google
Before proceeding with this method, you’ll first have to download the Google app to do a reverse image search on your iPhone.
- Open the Google app on your iPhone.
- Tap the camera icon in the search bar.
- Either snap a photo by pressing the Search/Shutter button or tap on the Image button. We’ll tap the Image button.
- Tap to allow access to your photo gallery, then tap Select Photos or Allow Access to All Photos.
- Select your photo to search:
- If you chose Select Photos above, tap on a photo to select it, then tap on Done in the upper-right corner of the screen. Then tap the image to search.
- If you allowed access to all photos, tap on the image to search.
- You may need to tap Search to search for similar photos or identify the subject(s) in the photo. You may be able to tap on the photo to select different subjects within the photo to identify.
- Swipe up to view the Visual matches from the Internet.
Search by image using a URL in Chrome on iPhone
Before proceeding with this method, you’ll first have to download the Google Chrome app on your iPhone. With Chrome, you can easily search for the source of an image — either one from your photos or one you find online.
- Launch Chrome on your iPhone and visit a website containing the image you want to use.
- Touch and hold the image to show the menu and select Search image with Google.
- This will take you to Google Lens.
- You can either:
- View the Visual matches by swiping up.
- Tap on the Find image sourcebutton to find the original image online.
- If you use the Find image source button, it may find the image on a variety of sites. The results here seem to be more of an exact image match, whereas with the Visual matches, you just get similar images.