This article explains how you can contact Apple Support, if you face problems relating to its products and services.
- When your Apple devices or their software aren’t working the way they should, there are various ways to get in touch with an Apple expert to resolve your issue.
For hardware repairs, you can mail your product to an Apple Repair Center or take it to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. For general questions, you can talk to someone via online chat, phone, or email.
To get in-person tech support, you can set up a Genius Bar appointment to show an Apple expert precisely what’s going on and learn about your options for resolving your issue.
Apple’s support team can answer any questions that you have about Apple products, hardware (iPhone, iPad, etc.), software (iOS, macOS, FaceTime, Pages, etc.), and services (iCloud, Apple Music, iMessage, etc.).
Here is how to get in touch with Apple support and get the help you need regardless of your Apple device.
1. Phone Support
A telephone is the most straightforward way to contact Apple support. It’s also the fastest, as the agent will be focused solely on you and can walk you through any instructions. Before contacting Apple support, please have your device’s serial number ready. Your serial number might be located on the underside of your device. Or, on iOS devices or Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > About and on Mac, go to Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. Then find the serial number in the information shown.
Apple has several phone numbers; choose the one that best matches your needs.
Apple’s primary support phone number is 1-800-275-2273. Start here for nearly any issue. That said, there are some more specialized numbers as well:
- For help with Apple’s accessibility tools, the Apple support phone number is 1-800-275-2273.
- If you’re an Apple Education customer (the representative for a preschool, K-12, high school, or college institution) the Apple support phone number is 1-800-275-2273.
- Enterprise customers with support contracts should call 1-800-275-2273 for support.
- For issues specific to Apple Cash, the Apple support phone number is 1-800-275-2273.
- You can view all Apple support phone numbers on Apple’s website.
You can also request a call back from Apple. Support technicians from Apple can call you regarding the issue you are having to help you fix it. In order to do this, you tell Apple your issue and indicate that you want them to call you on the phone number you provide. Note that you will need to enter your device’s serial number. Simply choose a product and then choose a topic and then select the phone support option. You can also schedule a phone call so that an Apple support technician will call you when it is convenient for you.
2. Mail Support
If you are having a hardware problem, you may send your product to Apple for repair. Simply contact Apple (you may use any options described in this article to contact Apple), request to send your device in. Apple will send you a shipping box with a prepaid shipping label for mailing your device to an Apple Repair Center. This option is available for most Apple products.
3. Apple Live Chat
Live chat allows you to use instant / live (real-time) messaging to contact Apple’s support team via its website. Apple’s live chat offers faster response times, much faster than emails. In fact, a lot of users prefer chat assistance over emails and phone calls. You can arrange a chat with an Apple Expert who specializes in your exact question.
- Go to getsupport.apple.com.
- Select the device you want to fix.
- Select a category that your issue falls under.
- Select a topic.
- Select Chat and sign in with your Apple ID or enter your product’s serial number.
- You can type your problem in the text box at the bottom of the window to start chatting with an Apple customer support agent.
4. Genius Bar Appointments
If you need hands-on, personal support and help from an Apple expert, especially if you are having a hardware problem (like a cracked screen problem, water damage, etc). You may have to bring your device to your nearest Apple Store.
Apple offers tech support inside every Apple Retail Store. This support is offered by the Genius Bar stations. Employees of the Genius Bar, called Geniuses, specially trained to help customers with Apple hardware and software.
In order to visit the Genius Bars, you may need to make a reservation. There are two ways to make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store:
- You can use the Apple Store app or,
- You can make a reservation via the Apple support website.
5. Apple Support app
If you have a functioning iPhone or iPad, you can get on-demand help right from that device with Apple’s Support app. Once downloaded, log in with your Apple ID, and you’ll be presented with a support portal for every device currently registered to your Apple ID, along with a few all-purpose featured articles. The app is currently available in 32 languages and 174 regions.
Tap on any one of your devices to open its support portal; from there, you can either search for a specific issue or browse general troubleshooting topics to find an answer to your problem. If one of Apple’s knowledge base articles doesn’t solve it, you also have the option of talking to an Apple Support rep on the phone or via text chat. For hardware problems, you can also schedule a Genius Bar appointment or an appointment at an Apple Authorized Service provider near you.
6. App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books Store billing Support
You can submit an Apple refund request for issues like an accidental or unauthorized purchase from the App Store, iTunes Store or Apple Books Store without needing to speak or correspond with a live support agent.
To request a refund:
- Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Tap or click "I’d like to", then choose "Request a refund".
- After you’ve chosen Request a refund, choose the reason why you’re asking for the refund.
- Choose Next.
- Choose the app, subscription or other item, then choose Submit. If you’ve been charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.
- You will then see a message saying “Your request has been submitted. Allow up to 48 hours for an update.”
- Apple will send you an email to your Apple ID confirming that your refund request has been received.
- Now just wait.
For other billing issues, such as with Apple Store purchases, you can call Apple Store Customer Service at 800-676-2775.
7. Community Based Support
Finally, if you don’t feel like chatting or talking to anyone, and you feel confident enough in your technical abilities, you can try the Apple support community.
This is an official Apple forum where members post questions relating to their tech problems, and other members try to solve them. Some of the members are official Apple technicians, providing excellent solutions to a variety of problems.
You don’t need to register or sign in to browse the community. Chances are most of the problems you’ll deal with are already found here. However, if you want to participate (if you want to submit your own questions or answers for example), you need to sign in. Sign in to Apple Support forums with your Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can easily create one. Here is how you can access the forum: